It's all about finding the rhythm at Moscow Raceway: Norbert Michelisz and the MOL Group Zengő Motorsport team used Saturday's two 30-minute Free Practice sessions at the Russian venue to further improving the set-up of the No. 5 Honda Civic WTCC. Once, however, Norbert pushed too much: In the dying moments of the second practice he missed the breaking point at Turn 9 and ran wide into the gravel bed but he was able to continue without damage.
In the first session Norbert completed a total of 13 laps at Moscow Raceway with a personal best of 1:40,011 minutes which earned him ninth place. In the second session he drove for 11 more laps and improved his time slightly to 1:40,008 minutes, finishing the practice in twelfth. But now the focus is on today's qualifying in which Norbert and the MOL Group Zengő Motorsport team aim for a top 10 spot.
You can follow Norbert Michelisz and the MOL Group Zengő Motorsport team online at FIAWTCC.com where live timing will be provided for all sessions. The Eurosport network will broadcast both races live or time-delayed on TV.
Results Free Practice 1 (Top 5):
01. Gabriele Tarquini (Honda) – 1:39,036 minutes
02. José María López (Citroën) – 1:39,185
03. Yvan Muller (Citroën) – 1:39,194
04. Sébastien Loeb (Citroën) – 1:39,559
05. Tiago Monteiro (Honda) – 1:39,722
09. Norbert Michelisz (Honda) – 1:40,011
Results Free Practice 2 (Top 5):
01. Rob Huff (Lada) – 1:38,853 minutes
02. Yvan Muller (Citroën) – 1:38,896
03. José María López (Citroën) – 1:39,226
04. Tom Chilton (Chevrolet RML) – 1:39,254
05. Mehdi Bennani (Citroën) – 1:39,396
12. Norbert Michelisz (Honda) – 1:40,008