Working towards the perfect set-up at Le Castellet: Norbert Michelisz and the MOL Group Zengő Motorsport team amassed another 90 kilometers at Circuit Paul Ricard in today's two Free Practice sessions.
The no. 5 Honda Civic WTCC finished ninth and 14th respectively after 23 laps in total. With times a bit slower than in Friday's test session Norbert was not pushing to the maximum but trying to fine-tune his car and himself for Saturday's Qualifying.
"The feeling is getting better", the Hungarian driver says. "I am confident we are making progress before qualifying. It is difficult to say how far up the order we can get but it should be enough to advance to Q2."
Once again, the all-dominating Citroën works drivers were in front on both practice sessions. Qing-Hua Ma topped the time-sheets in 1:30,029 minutes indicating lap-times will fall below the 90 seconds mark in Qualifying.
Results Free Practice 1 (Top 5)
01. Yvan Muller (Citroën) – 1:30,950 minutes
02. José María López (Citroën) + 0.209s
03. Tiago Monteiro (Honda) + 0.237s
04. Sébastien Loeb (Citroën) + 0.302s
05. Gabriele Tarquini (Honda) + 0.308s
09. Norbert Michelisz (Honda) + 0.739s
Results Free Practice 2 (Top 5)
01. Qing-Hua Ma (Citroën) – 1:30,029 minutes
02. Grégoire Demoustier (Chevrolet RML) + 0.319s
03. Tom Coronel (Chevrolet RML) + 0.431s
04. Hugo Valente (Chevrolet RML) + 0.549s
05. Mehdi Bennani (Citroën) + 0.691s
14. Norbert Michelisz (Honda) + 1.881s